- Prayer. Try to come to the realization that it is better to "let go and let God."
- Adequate Sleep. It has long been known that 8 - 10 hours a night is best.
- Meditation. Start slow or you will give up too fast. Perhaps just a couple of minutes at first. Working toward a goal of 20 minutes will be great.
- Exercise. Resistance Training and a moderate aertobic workout, such as walking or bicycling for thirty to forty minutes, three times a week, is also effective.
- A Balanced Diet. A healthy diet containing B vitamins and magnesium helps to relieve chronic tension. B vitamins are essential for stress management.
- Laughter. Go to a good comedy show or rent a wholesome video. As well as reducing stress, laughter has healing properties.
- Attitude. When looking at a situation, break it down into manageable components. Instead of making sweeping negative statements, look at the situation realistically and create steps for resolving it.
- Be social. Set up a network of friends and family who are listeners. When you feel stressed, call someone in your network to talk or set up a date to do something fun. Allow your friends to be supportive.
Try one or more of these solutions to reduce stress in your life. Any one of these will aid you in reducing stress levels. Then, "Go in peace and stress out no more."